Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Big day, lots done.

I wish I got some more before shots today. I really cleared away a lot of mangled metal. Tomorrow I have to find a radiator support. I'll be going to the junk yards on Old Airport Road to find one. That place always makes me think of that movie Nothing But Trouble with Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase and Demi Moore. The premise is that in this little town in Pennsylvania anyone who drives though gets arrested, sentenced to death and executed. It's a BAD movie.

Here's a before and after of the cutting away of destroyed metal.

Before:

After:


I stopped at Harbor Freight this afternoon and spent $33.00 on a come-along and a reciprocating saw, I had coupons for both. They were exactly what I needed.

I connected the come-along to a fence post and to the radiator support. I cranked and cranked. It pulled the Vue down and forward. 20 or 30 hammer strikes later, it popped free.


For Sale, one slightly mangled radiator support:

Or a hunk of scrap metal that used to be a fender support?

All-in-all it was a VERY productive 2 hours. I just need to add a battery tray and windshield washer reservoir and pump to the shopping list.

So tomorrow I order the radiator support and hopefully the fender support. Oh, and the other thing... I need to remove the AC condenser without destroying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment